Sunday, September 27, 2009

A Weekend Recap

The tournament for me started on Friday even though there were not any start times. Though Aimee had me busy, like Peter Parker trying to get a deadline in ,for my picks for the weekend before Wednesday. I will not bore you, as in days past, of the work to get ready. It was a great tournament with some unbelievable competition playing. Put up the money and the players will show was never truer than this weekend. Over 3,000 dollars in total prize money for the open division. I hit the nail on the head picking Ruben/Muller for the winners ,though it was not easy. They came back to win it from a 15-1 loss in their first game. Andy Hawtornes retrieval ability is truly second to none. When you watch him play,you almost can not understand how he is not ranked higher. I will see how my other picks pan out when I check the results. I was a substitute for Curatolo this weekend,and realized why I don't play open YET. It was a very smooth tournament except for a traffic tie up on rote 3, but just about all the matches got off on time. The food went well , and all were satisfied with the quantity and quality of food. I would like to thank my friend Tony from Buon Appetito for always taking good care of us on our food cost. I would like to thank Tina for her help also. I would like to thank The team ektelon members for assisting me with the table this weekend esp Johnny K . And on a final note,you did a great job girlfriend,ok I said it ,don't let it go to your head . Jon "Hit Smarter not Harder"

No comments:

Post a Comment