Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Busy Beaver

I had a very busy summer as far as racquetball is concerned. I took many lessons and drilled hours on end. I drilled to the point that I hurt my shoulder,calf and finally my butt. Not the smartest thing in the world but my body has never been as strong as my will. I will not be playing in state dubs, but I do feel like I am finally getting back the ability to push off on my left side. My summer was very fufilling working with the junior's at the Club@ Woodbridge. I have been teaching three classes on Saturday mornings . It has been so much fun because my daughter has taken a huge interest in it, and I feel like she has more natural ability than her dad. The next order of the water buffalo is the upcoming tournament,food stuff of course,nuf said. Then this year assuming a new role as state coordinator for Ektelon has kept me very busy with running demos at many events. I enjoy the demos because you get to meet a lot of new people who also have a passion for the sport ,and you get to pretend you know what you are talking about. I feel bad for some of the team members who have not received their equiptment yet, but sadly sometimes things ,especially in the corporate world ,do not work out as planned. I try to look at the big picture and see how much good Ektelon does for our sport. They listen to feedback from the team members,support many tournaments,develop outdoor play and junior programs. I have played for other companies and never have issues been taken care of so quickly, such as equiptment breakage, and Scott and bryan are in the ditches playing ball. Anyway enough of these matters . I just want to wish everyone a healthy season. Jon "Hit Smarter not Harder"

No comments:

Post a Comment