Friday, December 18, 2009

My Blue Heaven

Most normal people have those special things in life that make them happy. My family ,racquetball and yoga are the three things in my life that give me happiness. Family is a selfless love that at times is challenging, but the reward is immeasurable. Yoga depending upon why you are doing it can be both physically and spiritually uplifting. But lets face it you know where I am going next,RACQUETBALL ! To this day when I am working or running around, I get a rush thinking about going to play that night. A typical day is me going over to my club and walking down the long hallway. I hear can hear the ball hitting the front wall. I listen closely, is it a heavy hitter tonight, or is the older set hitting the ball around. I break at the end of the hallway,down the three steps hang a right and in my view is such a beautiful site. Four glass courts, I have seen them a million times but I stare at each one,walking down to the last one just to make sure everything is intact. Funny thing is I was probably here just four hours ago. I say my hellos to the crew and try to decide what to play for the night. Whether it is hard core singles, or playing with the older, I mean uh experienced guys, I know it is going to be fun. Like a freshman at a keg party,I don't want to leave until I get my fill of play. Watching players drop off from fatigue, like frat boys dropping from the beer and yager. I love my family more than anything in the world but this is MY blue heaven,and everyone is entitled to this. Now comes my dilemma, Losing is not as fun as winning. As much as I am a goof, I take the sport very serious, more serious than most would suspect. I can lose, but not when I don't want to, if that even makes any sense. My solution was to take off most of the summer, take lessons,and in other words elevate my game. Dilemma number two: Losing hurts more when you are trying than when you are not trying. The proper solution is to at least play well even if you lose. What happens when you give all you got and then tank. The answer is for 300 Alex "What is my personal hell". I found it at the NJO. I played terrible in the second game of my finals match. There was no doubt to the onlookers whose fault this was. It took me about three days to get it behind me. That is the problem in making the court your panacea,you better be ready for a fall. I put things in perspective and no, not I have good health and life is honky dory, no. I listen to many songs on my ipod about overcoming defeat. Everyone has bad losses, but those songs and inspirational sayings can't be words, they have to be life. I have been doing my yoga, and playing a little racquetball with my daughter. Welcome back to my blue heaven Jon. "Hit Smarter not Harder"

No comments:

Post a Comment