Sunday, October 18, 2009

The right time and the right place,I guess

It is funny how some days I still find myself thinking about Latell. I still find it strange that I per say did not know him that well and this still occurs. Before I went to his memorial I wrote something that I wanted to say. My intentions were good but once I saw how well the people speaking knew Latell ,it started to seem like I would be out of place speaking that day. I did find a quote from Shakespere that I felt was so appropriate ,and I would like to write it here. Above all Latell was a good man with a good heart,and on this sad day I would like to recall Shakespere's words. A good leg will fall.A straight back will stoop. A black beard will turn white. A curled head will grow bald. A fair face will wither and our eyes will fail us. But a good heart is like the sun, for it shines bright and keeps it's course truly. He taught us how to hope and how to live. He taught us how to win and how to lose,he taught us how to live and finally he taught us how to die. Pretty appropriate I thought. Jon "Hit Smarter not Harder"

No comments:

Post a Comment